About the course
- Food outlets, pubs, restaurants, hotels
- Retail outlets, supermarkets, service stations
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Hospitals, care homes and residential nursing homes
- Schools, early years settings/childminders
The qualifications have been designed to meet the learning needs of specific business environments and meet the National Occupational Standards (NOS).
The syllabus is flexible and can be tailored to meet specific needs. Furthermore, to make the Level 2 course more relevant to specific business sector needs the following industry sector courses are available (with Highfield Qualifications accreditation):
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Retail
Please contact us with your specific requirements.
Public Course Dates
Due to demand, most of our public courses are CIEH Foundation Certificate Food Safety courses. If you need to undertake the Level 2 Course in Manufacturing or Retail please contact us for further details about attending the following public courses
Level 2 Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
|Level 2 Food Safety in Catering (RQF)||To be advised|
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
Highfield Qualifications assessment is by 30 question, multiple-choice examination
CIEH assessment is by 20 question, multiple-choice examination
Course Requirements / Notes:
There are no course pre-requisites for attending this course
Course Delivery and Lead Times:
Cognet are specialists in delivering on-site training throughout England and Wales.
As a general rule-of-thumb we would ask for at least four weeks lead time, however we have a very customer-focused philosophy and will always try our utmost to meet your more pressing requirements.
We also run public courses for a range of our courses predominantly at venues in the West Midlands. Our current schedule of courses can be seem on our Public Courses page. If you cannot find the course you are looking for please contact us as we may be able to help you directly or by putting you in touch with another company who can.